About Me

My photo
"I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that didn't work." - Thomas Edison

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bonnie MacNeil's Cover Letter



Bonnie MacNeil


2001 South Mopac #1022, Austin, TX 78746 | (832) 298-8665 | bonniemacneil54@gmail.com


To Whom it May Concern:


I was fortunate enough to work alongside a 5th grade teacher at Lake Pointe Elementary during my student teaching.  This experience opened up many doors for me.  I worked with my cooperating teacher, the 5th grade team, teachers in different grade levels, and the administrative staff.   


During my internship at Lake Pointe Elementary I participated in all areas allowed for me.  I created a school wide learning opportunity that was in Lake Pointe Elementary campus improvement plan.  This was called the Word of the Week.  I used the scope and sequence in science and math to correlate the vocabulary words with the 5th grade TEKS.  I put up 17 posters around the school, and changed them out each week.  I also created short videos with students talking about what the vocabulary words and played them on broadcast. 


 I was involved in Character Camp.  I taught 5th grade students about trustworthiness.  This was a half-day event in which the students would move from room to room to hear from different parents and volunteers. 


Another area I participated in was the science fair.  I organized and set up the gym for the 5th grade students and for students in other grades who participated.  I greeted the judges, and led the grade levels through the gym on the day 5th grade presented.  


I assisted in many other areas around the school.  I learned that teaching isn’t just about creating lessons for the students but participating in all areas around the school whether it be a geography bee, or just extra library assistance.   This is what helps the school run.   


I am passionate about teaching.  I love the “A-HA moment” when the student connects what you have been teaching to real life and truly comprehends.  I am a nurturer.  I believe it is important to show this to the students.  It is much easier for the students to comfortable learn when they feel cared about.   I am a team player.  It is important to work together with staff around the school and your team.   I am a listener.  I learned through my internship that the students need someone to talk to.  It is important to talk to the students and learn about each individuals learning styles to be an effective teacher. 


For the reasons I have listed, I believe that I will be a highly effective teacher.  I ensure that I will give all my effort to be the most productive teacher.


Sincerely,

Bonnie MacNeil

No comments:

Post a Comment